SimpleModal 1.3-b1 Released
Considering the number of changes and new features, I've decided to release 1.3 as a beta version. This release covers most of the common requests I receive for SimpleModal: forced focus on the dialog (prevent tabbing away), ESC/overlay-click to close dialog and an appendTo option.
*NOTE*: Moving forward, all issue/bug/feature requests should be made on the issues page: http://code.google.com/p/simplemodal/issues/list
Complete list of changes and new features:
- Added appendTo option, primarily for .NET users to enable appendTo('form')
- Added focus option which forces focus to remain in the dialog
- Added dataId option which allows a unique id to be set for the data div if one does not already exists
- Added minHeight/minWidth options to allow minimum dimensions to be enforced
- Added maxHeight/maxWidth options to allow maximum dimensions to be enforced. SimpleModal will always contain the modal dialog within the browser window.
- Added escClose option to bind modal close to the ESC key
- Added overlayClose option to bind modal close to a click on the overlay div
- Added a wrapper div to allow for easier overflow capabilities
- Changed meaning of close option. If false, the closeHTML, escClose and overlayClose values will be ignored.
- Fixed auto-centering issues when container dimensions were not provided
- Fixed Opera screen painting issues by adding .hide() before .remove()
- Fixed Opera 9.2.x issue with jQuery 1.3.x and $(window).height()
Other than the close option, all previous options remained the same and the new options should be fairly self-explanatory.
Thanks for using SimpleModal!