Back in August, I blogged about “three fairly significant browser issues” I had encountered while using jQuery. With the release of jQuery 1.3, and subsequent minor versions, I thought I’d take a look back at those browser issues and see if any of them had been resolved.
In case you haven’t heard, jQuery 1.3 has been released! In addition to being jQuery’s 3rd birthday, the team has a number of new announcements, including Sizzle (a brand new CSS selector engine), a new API browser (developed by Remy Sharp) and the formation of the jQuery Foundation. I tested SimpleModal (tests and demos) with [...]
After receiving numerous “downloading” errors (0×80040508), I was finally able to install Google’s new browser, Chrome. Suppressing the temptation to try out all of the new features, I jumped right in and started surfing the web. I’m actually using Chrome to type up this post and so far, everything seems to be working fine.
Despite the vast improvements in Firefox 3, I’ve still been using Firefox 2 because of the instability of Firebug 1.2 (beta versions). The final Firebug 1.2 version was released recently, and many of the issues have been resolved, however, I thought I’d post the steps I took to run both Firefox versions together:
Update: This post has been replaced with an updated version. During the time that I’ve been using jQuery (about a year now), I’ve run into three fairly significant browser issues. Between IE, Firefox, Safari, and Opera, Firefox is the only browser that I have yet to experience any issues with (related to jQuery, of course).